Founded according to tradition of the king Tullio Ostilio, it was moved from its original to actual location by Caesar. Completed by Augustus in 29 B.C. it has gone through various restorations. The facade has 3 large windows and a monumental doorway where the doors are copies of the originals. The original doors were moved in 1660 and adapted to the central door of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano.